What We Believe
- First of all, it is impossible to say what every member of the church here believes on every subject. This fellowship is made up of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds and each member has been challenged to follow the example of the Bereans to search the scriptures for themselves to discern God's will for their lives (Acts 17:11). Having said this, we are united by common convictions that we feel it would benefit you to know.
- We believe that the Bible is reliable in it's revelation of God, His nature, and His desires for us His children. Though written centuries ago in languages foreign to most of us, we believe that the Holy Spirit inspired the original manuscripts and has preserved the message for us today. (Matthew 24:35; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe that, because of our fallen nature, no one can live up to God's standard of perfection. Yet, when one confesses Christ and accepts His finished work on the cross as the payment for their sins, He gives them the gift of the Holy Spirit. With this gift comes power to live as God intended from the beginning. (Acts 2:38-40; Romans 7:21- 8:17)
- We believe that there is really only one church. It is a universal spiritual kingdom made up of those who accept Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. It is our belief that the oneness that Jesus prayed for can be a reality if we will abandon all denominational creeds and dogmas and unite on the simple truths of His teaching. When someone believes in their heart that He is God's one and only Son, confesses the same, and surrenders to Him in baptism they are added to His Church. All those who thus commit to Christ and declare their willingness to be active members of His body are welcomed into the fellowship of Calvary Christian Church. (Matthew 16:16-18; John 17:23; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38-47; and Romans 10:9-10)
- We believe that since Christ is the Head of His church, His teachings should be our rules of faith and practice. Our goal is to do all things in His name and according to His instruction. He said that anyone who sincerely seeks truth will find it. (Colossians 1:18; John 14:23; Colossians 3:17)
- Visitors often ask about Calvary Christian's programs, worship styles, and beliefs on a host of doctrinal issues. Yet, few ask the important question: "Do we love God and one another?" Jesus said that these should be our focus. He said when we get them right everything else falls into place and that love for God and others are the identifying characteristics of His church. (Matthew 22:34-40; John 13:34-35)
- Calvary Christian does love God and one another. Though we are not perfect in either, we are striving to be more so. We invite you to join us in this noble quest.